Wednesday 22 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - staying close to home

Yesterday I was home all day and the big excitement for today was grocery shopping.

Yesterday I had one last go at the goat. I toned down his hair, shortened his neck and decided that was as good as he was going to get.
Did another YouTube painting tutorial
Walks, the last couple of days, have been just around the block. I think this is Oleander, growing at the top of the stairs behind Annie's House.
I'll have to watch for it opening up.

The walkway behind Annie's house is lined with a bank of this succulent that is now in bloom.
The centres of the flowers look like little starfish.

Cameron, in #4, went grocery shopping yesterday and when he returned, he bought me over a nice bottle of wine (it had a cork!), to thank me for looking after his garden.
Today I drove down to the road below the village and put my recycling in all the appropriate bins. I then lined up outside the Pharmacy (only 3 people in at a time). As well as my medication for acid reflux I also bought masks and small containers of hand sanitizer, prepared in case I get to fly home next week. There was no lineup at the grocery store so I was in and out quite fast, not needing much. Then it was off to the gas station so I could leave the car full for Bodil.

I drove back through Pissouri Bay just to have a bit of a "road trip". Lovely to see the grape vines looking luxurious. It doesn't take much to amuse me now that my world has shrunk.

Another painting exercise.
My Trivia testing with Chris took longer than usual because we were joined by her friend Bronte, from Scotland. She had worked at Christine's cafe and it was lovely to see her and talk to her again.

Guest photographer: Jimmy

When I sat in the garden with Kay, back in February, Jimmy had told me the story of spraying his roses with Roundup, mistaking it for an insecticide. They didn't look great.

The title of the e-mail when he sent me these pictures was "Roundup's the best"

1 comment: