Sunday 12 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Pippa and I walk towards the beach.

The problem with a lazy day, like yesterday, is, I feel like another lazy day. The sun lounger is calling me. My book is calling me. But I also want to get some exercise and get out of the house so I called Jenny and asked if I could pick up Pippa at about 2. I knew I wouldn't back out if I had committed to walking the dog.
When I walk through John and Jenny's gate I can hear Pippa coming, the sound of racing toenails. She is usually carrying a soft toy of some kind. When she sees me she starts leaping straight up into the air. A huge bundle of excitement that just can't stay on the ground. As I pack her stuff into my backpack she sits back on her haunches, settles and gently and carefully lifts her front paws off the ground. Its a wobbly, obviously uncomfortable, beg, for a slightly overweight, large dog but I feel compelled to reward her with a treat as I pack those too.

There had been a photo on FaceBook with a comment that it had been taken on the trail from Leptos to the Beach. So this was to be our route up to Leptos Pissouri Village development and down the track towards Pissouri Beach.

Into the development; a mix of two stories and bungalows, many with their own pools. It was quiet and although most driveways had cars in them, I only waved to a couple of people out in their gardens and was only barked at by a couple of dogs.
At the end of one of the roads, this path, but I found a different way to come back.

Past an area of Carob trees where the ground had been recently plowed and the dirt was reddish and rocky.
This had rooms so may have been a house at one time. The stone of the same red hue as the local soil.
This is a legitimate route, no wondering if I am trespassing on this one.
Looking back towards the village

I could see where I am staying (red arrow) and the green arrow points to the older area.
Strange looking tree whose flowers look more like berries.

Constantly heading towards the sea.
The colour up here is mostly
from mounds of these yellow flowers.
The internet seems to be having a hard time loading up pictures tonight so I will finish the post about this walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment