Saturday 11 April 2020

Pissouri,Cyprus - warm enough to sunbathe

With the lockdown I am restricting my walks to every other day or every two days, partly because I tend to walk longer than the 1 hour which is permitted so I rationalize my extended walks. Wouldn't hold up in a court of law, or even with the local police force, but it makes  sense to me. So today was a lazy day.

More pictures from yesterdays walk:

For Heather, in the "taking back the roads" dept.
Even in competition with planted crops, wildflowers win out.
These vines are prolific at this point, all over the banks and the road sides.

Isn't this lovely, with the little bites out of each petal!

On the way home yesterday I found another beautiful, big, Almond tree with readily available fruit. I picked one for my ongoing interest in the growth.
A bit bigger than the last ones I picked but still green and fuzzy, like a peach.
Almost the size of a regular Almond now. They taste slightly nutty but mostly tart with a texture just beyond gelatin.


Today was a relaxing day. Coffee, breakfast, read on the balcony, walk the neighbourhood, lunch, read in the front yard, walk the neighbourhood (have to get some steps in), paint, read on the balcony, wine on the balcony, supper ........


More work on the Olive tree. Still needs some.
I was posting pictures of meals when I ate out, through January and February. As restaurants have closed, I have stopped that. Tonight I roasted carrots, parsnips and onions in olive oil, garlic, fresh oregano and basil (from my container garden on the balcony)
Tired of cooking I picked these up at Paps when I did the "big shop".

Delicious dinner with some veg left over for tomorrow.

Now for the guest photographers:

Masks, for health care providers, Nicola is making from her leftover quilting stash. Photo by Nicola
Simon sent me this picture of Rasta, playing with a Catnip toy along with the message that he now has a drug problem, we all deal with stress differently,  and that just after this he ate a whole pizza, a bag or Doritos and 2 litres of coke. I replied that I would have to enroll him in CA (Catnip Anonymous) when I got back! Photo by Simon.
Chis is also indoor gardening. She sent me this picture of the first crop of Basil and Dill from her hydroponic garden. Photo by Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment