Wednesday 15 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - walk along the cliffs continued.

Today, as mentioned yesterday, was a stay at home and do laundry day. 2 loads of laundry, a phone call with Nicola and a trial run on Christine's trivia event were about it for the day. So to continue with yesterdays walk; I had been following the cliffs in the direction of Paphos. When I turned around I was walking towards Pissouri Beach.

I saw a total of 3 of these along the top of the cliffs. They look like natural sink holes that have been given a roof at one end but each of them also had these empty metal drums. I have no idea!
A few times I just sat on a rock and drank in the views. The breeze was coming off the sea so there was no sound carried from the village, just the breeze and the calls of

the Gulls and the Swifts who were gliding in the updrafts.
Too high up to smell the sea or hear the waves.
Not a lot of these low mound plants but a striking enough colour to pull the eye.

There were not many trees, too exposed, just a few small, twisted, gnarly ones.

Sometimes the track was quite close to the cliff edge and sometimes it swung inland
but there was always a goat track right along the edge.

How do I know it was a goat track? Goat poo and other evidence.




A Cyprus Wheatear
I was contemplating turning back when I saw the goat farm buildings on the next ridge. I knew there would be a track to it and hoped that it was the one that Pippa and I explored last week.
It was a bit of a scramble down
brushing through clumps of the red flowers
and some epic thistles, coming into flower,
down to the track. Don't know what it says but red signs are usually a warning.
It was the track that I had been on before and I followed it back up to where I had left the car. These are Carob pods starting to form. They are harvested when brown in August or September.

No comments:

Post a Comment