Sunday 26 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - last walk

I did a load of laundry and delivered some of my excess food to Kay and Jimmy (I had shopped anticipating another 2 weeks here at least). Then I set out on what I anticipate will be my last walk in Cyprus.

Up the ruined road. Every time I climb up this I wonder if it is worse. There were 2 earthquakes in Cyprus last week (I didn't feel either) and I shouldn't think they help.
These have taken over the ditches and banks at the sides of the roads.

Through the Leptos development and out on to the track that goes down to the Beach. The grasses are very dry now.
Looking down and towards Sunrise I could see someone walking a path that I had seen from the house but hadn't known how to get on to. I decided to try it on my way back.



I sat, sipped my water, ate a cookie and just soaked up the view, then turned back.
This was the start of that other path, down into a valley next to the development I live in.
This area was a slightly different ecosystem, with some different plants
Looking down at the track, through the fields that I had come up, last week.
The Glads are still in flower here


and
there were some Orchids

The path was pretty clear, from use,
through long grass.
To quote Mick "You can see our house from there, its the one with the red roof"
There were some mountain goat parts along the side of the hill
and a nasty scramble into and out of a straight sided cement drainage ditch but it was nice to make it a circular walk rather than out and back.
After lunch I did some more work on the Kouklia, museum, painting.
It might be finished, I will see what I think tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment