Monday 20 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - hot day for a walk


I don't know why I didn't post these yesterday. A yellow rose from the garden of #4.
My rationale is that I am taking care of the garden, so I can pick the occasional flower. Not all roses have a scent but this one smells lovely.
Wheatear on a wire.
Every time that I sit down to paint I am trying to do something loose or experimental to start and then get into the photo that I am working on.
Watching Portrait Artist of the Year I am being exposed to so many different approaches to painting. One of the artists on last nights episode was using blocks of colour so I decided to try something like that.
He is still looking too "Disney" for my liking. I think it is his hairstyle. I will have another go at him tomorrow.
I sent Kay my planned walking route and set out at about 2:30, hoping that the day would cool a little and the wind would pick up. Loquats are ripe.
The field in front of the Leptos development had been cut, I will see no more wild Glads there.
I was planning on taking the trail that I took a while ago with Pippa but this time completing it; down to the road to Pissouri Beach and then walk back up the road.

This plant was huge. It may be a Castor Bean plant. The beans are poisonous and its growth is discouraged in many places because of this.

A few of the tiny wild Gladiolis are still in flower.

I am sure that some of the readers of this blog are getting tired of the photos of flowering shrubs, rocks and long views but I am not tiring of it. I am loving this environment.
Remains of a tiny room, perhaps for a shepherd?
Looking down into the valley with the road I will be walking up. I will take a picture of those Olive trees when I am down there.
I am now beyond where Pippa and I got to.
Still following the little red arrows.

The track is getting a lot rougher, less defined in places
and very steep. I have been walking with just one of my trekking poles as I haven't found the going particularly rough but today I wish I had bought both.
Then I slip. Land on my bum! Glad there was no-one there to see that! I sit there for a while, enjoying the view and the fact that there is a nice breeze, then stand up and continue to negotiate the slope.

To be continued ......

No comments:

Post a Comment