Sunday 5 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - the neighbourhood

Today was, again, very windy but it was a lovely warm wind. I could totally believe, with that temperature, that it was coming from a desert somewhere and the amount of sand in the air attested to that.

On windy.com it showed the wind coming from the East (straight at my balcony) at 17 knots, about 32 km/hr and it gusted higher.
So I cancelled my planned walk for the day due to the potential for grit in my eyes and instead did some work in the kitchen.

First job was to take the 2 containers of strawberries that I bought yesterday and divide them into my bowl for breakfast, a bowl for this weeks breakfasts and a plastic tub, to freeze for later breakfasts. I knew that they would go off faster than I could eat them..

This afternoon I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce. Some for tonight's supper, some for tomorrow night's and the rest got frozen too.

In between I went for a couple of quick walks "around the block", just to get out of the house.

Turn right out of my gate and past #2 and #1. This Bird of Paradise plant is in the garden at #1.
Then you get to the parking lot. On the other side of that is John and Jenny's place (you can just see the back of their car) and Pippa (the dog). I chatted to Jenny out of the back window today and we arranged how I could take Pippa for a walk and still observe social distancing. To exit you go down that road
which is lined with bungalows. I think about half are occupied by permanent residents. At the bottom you turn left

Kay and Jimmy's place is on the right, Cheryl's the one above it. If you follow the road up it takes you out of the development and up to the village or down to the bay. The walkway back to Annie's House is on the left opposite Kay and Jimmy's.
Just before the steps up to the row of houses, this bank of plants hangs over the wall of #6, Bodil's. Hibiscus, Orange and
I have no idea what that one on the right is.
Back along the walkway. The one with the arch is #5 where Rob lives. He came early to do some work on the place and his wife was supposed to join him after a week, but then they stopped the flights and he is here and she is in the UK.
I stopped into #4 because I had spread weed killer on the patio cracks and the gravel but it didn't seem to have had any effect yet. Meanwhile the Freesia are fabulous
and there's a couple of Lilies
in bloom.

and
the hedge of red Geraniums.
On the other side of Annie's House front patio the Geraniums are pink.
The big news in Annie's House back courtyard is that the Grapevine is starting to leaf out.
Well there you are, that's once around the block. Guest photographer is Nicola again, from her trip to my place yesterday;

A beautiful sunny day at Long Point. The plywood fences are still up between the cottages and the beach and the bulldozers have not yet started moving the sand back.

No comments:

Post a Comment