Thursday 23 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Prickly walk

I woke to warm, windy and thinly overcast. Rain is in the forecast for this evening and tomorrow. I had woken early so decided to walk right after coffee and breakfast. Called Jenny and asked if Pippa would like to come out and play.
Pippa and I were off by about 11:15.

She leaps when I arrive, pulls for the first 5 minutes and then settles. Once off the leash she likes to explore but never goes far away.

It was hazy, not a good day for photos of the views. Mind you I have done this walk enough times that I don't see the point of more photos of the same views.
Very few flowers now and the foliage is starting to dry out.
In fact the only things that seem to be thriving, are prickly things.

Up on the headland the bushes look like a field of green cushions but a closer look
reveals how unfriendly they are.
Pippa scared up a grouse and went diving off into the undergrowth, nose down.

She had no luck and came out limping
and I took numerous little burrs out of her pads.
Happy now.
I noticed that the dieing leaves of one particular plant seems to be populated by snails.
More prickles.
Heading home.
It is warm enough to be walking in shorts
but I am walking in pants still to save my legs from getting scratched up. We walked for about and hour and a half, about 8,000 steps.

I delivered Pippa back and then went into the garden next to John and Jenny's to do some orange scrumping. These

and these, were growing in among the ivy.
This is the next picture I am going to try and paint
and this is my start. I am taking some artistic license with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment